Epictetus said: “Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them.”
Buddha said: “With our thoughts we make the world.”
Shakespeare said: “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
So, some people conclude that we can be happy by simply reinterpreting happenstances. By judging things as “good” we can be happy.
How ridiculous! What a complete misunderstanding! What an utter corruption of true wisdom! Nay, a reversal of it! What a lack of integrity!
- faunslabyrinth likes this
- non-ultra likes this
- shadowsdancinginthehalls likes this
- thewww said: The kind of attitude that results from this practice, for example to see all things as Love, might not be effective for war and it might not beget science, but to help others its a fine cultivation.
- thewww likes this
- instrumentaldialogue likes this
- hyperboreanvoyager likes this
- ludimagister posted this